By becoming a Concert Friend you support The Concertgebouw and the Concertgebouworkest, as well as a range of projects that introduce children to classical music in inspiring and exciting ways.
In turn, we offer you several exclusive benefits and privileges:
- Advance ordering privileges for Concertgebouworkest concerts and additional concerts organised by The Concertgebouw
- Visits to Concertgebouworkest rehearsals
- 10% discount on a selection of concerts organised by The Concertgebouw and Concertgebouworkest concerts
- The membership is valid for 2; yourself and a guest
- Invitations for activities and events arranged especially for Concert Friends
- Free guided tours for Friends in The Concertgebouw
- 10% discount on food and drinks in Café Viotta
- €5 discount on a subscription on classical music magazine Preludium (in Dutch)
- Discount on CDs, books and other products sold at the Concertvrienden desk in the Concertgebouw.
The membership is valid for one year and will be extended automatically. You can unsubscribe at any time up to 1 month before the membership ends.
Please contact us if you would prefer English-language assistance. Are you under 35? Please visit www.jouwentree.nl/english for more information about the Entrée membership.
About The Concertgebouw and the Concertgebouworkest
It was Bernard Haitink who once praised The Concertgebouw as the best instrument of the orchestra that it houses. That must have been what prominent Amsterdam residents had in mind when they decided in 1881 to gift the capital city with a majestic concert hall. Seven years later, the swampy fields just outside the city limits boasted a wonder of neoclassic architecture, The Concertgebouw. Nowadays, just like the celebrated Concertgebouworkest, this fantastic concert hall enjoys worldwide renown.
More about The Concertgebouw
The Concertgebouworkest was founded in 1888. On the occasion of its 100th anniversary in 1988, the orchestra officially received the appellation ‘Royal’.
Based in Amsterdam, the Concertgebouworkest is one of the very best orchestras in the world. Time and time again, critics have lauded its unique sound. The string section has been called ‘velvety’, the sound of the brass ‘golden’, the timbre of the woodwinds ‘distinctly personal’ and the percussion have an international reputation.
More about the Concertgebouworkest
How to order your tickets in English?
If you prefer to order your tickets in English, please use The Concertgebouw website. Make sure to login with your Concertgebouw account that is also used for your membership, this will make it possible for you to select any Friends discounts that apply.
Would you like help?
Since most of our communications are in Dutch, we are happy to answer any questions you have in English. Just contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
You also reach us by phone: +31(0)20-3051099 (Monday till Wednesday from 10.00 a.m. till 12.30 p.m.).